Friday, July 13, 2012

The Dog Days of Summer

I've been on vacation!
Which means... fun, sun and I've actually worked really hard on our online store, Conversation Glass.  I guess you could say I'm a bit of a workaholic, but you do what you have to so everything keeps humming along.  This vacation was spent preparing for (gasp!) the holiday rush when shoppers will need presents for everyone on their lists.

You know, when I was a kid I thought the adults around me were crazy to even be thinking about the holidays before December 15th.
Damn.  Now I'm a crazy adult.

Regardless, the 3 Puparoos have been spending their days enjoying time with Mom, time chewing on bones and learning to get along.  I'm always stunned at how tough dogs play with one another.  This is a rough and rowdy crew, see for yourself:

Yes, she ALWAYS wins
We brought home a new memory foam bed for Arwen.  You might remember that my oldest has spinal arthritis (although at playtime you'd never know it) and I've been trying to find her a nice, supportive bed for some time.  I brought it home, tossed her old bed out into the living room, put the huge new one on our bed so I could vacuum the bedroom, turned to pull it down to her spot, and...

"Watcha doin, Mom?"  
The 2 youngsters were giving the new bed a try.  Is it me, or is one of Nyxie's devil wings showing?  (They're awfully small - think Heimlich in A Bug's Life)   Arwen did eventually get to enjoy her bed, but I had to run a couple of Nosy McNosertons off of it first.

Synchronized bone-chewing with help from Dad
Then there are some perfect, vacation days like this one.  Happy Dog Days of summer!



14 comments:

  1. Happy Days of Summer to all of you too.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to check out your store
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Benny & Lily! We hope you find something you like!

      Delete
  3. Ha! Ha! I had to do a double take - but I do see the little wing. Cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't noticed it to begin with, but after posting it in my blog draft, I was laughing so hard I almost spit out my coffee ;) I KNEW there was a reason for her mischief!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your dog pack! Dogs do have the ability to teach humans what is important in life - if we just would take time to learn :) Have learned so much from our new puppy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for checking out my blog! Yes, I agree - they teach us so much. And it's all the important stuff, too! And what's even more amazing, is that each dog is different. Watching those unique characteristics develop and evolve in a puppy is wonderful :)

      Delete
  6. Ohmiwoof! Those glasses are gorgeous! I just love them! The black tequila vase s especially lovely...do you thnk it would survive the trip to Canada??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for looking! It's been a really fun project for us and we're excited to be starting a business with a conscience ;-)
      If you'd like the black rose vase, I think shipping to you would be fine. We've actually sent quite a few items to Canada & all have made it intact! Thanks and happy shopping :-D

      Delete
  7. Happy Summer guys, wow everyone looks good and they are very comfortable to each other!



    Dog Shock Collar | Puppy Bond

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Faith - Happy Summer to you, too! We're trying not to wilt in the TX heat, but so far, so good :)

      Delete
  8. Your blog is amazing! Thanks you so much for your creative inspirations and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We hope you all had such a wonderful summer time. We are kinda wishing and missing the warmth on these cold winter days. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos. Have a wonderful upcoming weekend.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete

The girls and I love to hear from you - please leave us a note!