Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Birthday Festivus

I'm on a birthday vacation, or festivus, as we call it here in my home!  Matt ushered in the festivus celebrations this past weekend when he made me a special birthday Lobster Ravioli in citrus chardonnay sauce -yum!

What a wonderful Matty!
In past years, I've gone out partying on my birthday, when that was what I thought a good time meant.  Or I'd be at work because I hadn't planned well enough in advance.  Not this year!  I decided to celebrate myself.  Matt is at work and T is at school, so that leaves just me and the girls.

Arwen says " Mom - can't we spend all this time together without her "?!
We started our day with a long walk, I had yummy margheritta pizza for lunch and now I'm catching up on reading and writing.  What a great day.  The best part of all is that I've given myself tomorrow and the next day off as a post birthday gift, too. Instead of beating myself up at the gym tonight, I think I'll go visit my friend on the patio of my local coffee shop.   Maybe I'm spoiling myself.  Nah - I deserve it!

My friend has made herself quite at home on the coffee shop's patio!

15 comments:

  1. As we pawed on FB, Happy Gotcha Day!

    Of khourse, Mom is furry jealous of that special meal!

    We hope your dayS will be furry furry special!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lobster ravioli???? Matt so rocks in our book - nice guy to make that special dish for you. Happy Birthday and enjoy that coffee.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  3. That just made me hungry...happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wooo! happy birthday!!

    RA & Isis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Glad to hear you are planning to celebrate yourself...you so deserve the indulgence. We wish you many hours with those you love most, a chance to smile, the opportunity to laugh, a shared hug, pleasant new memories and a gentle sigh of contentment as you look back over the past year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Happy Birthday! A few days of relaxation and pampering are way better than a crazy party. Indulge and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you!!!:)

    Love,
    Teddy Bear & Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a very happy birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to you!!!
    Lobster Ravioli sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday!!! I hope it was a great one! That lobster ravioli looked soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love lobster but I never though about putting it in a ravioli !!! Such a good idea!! On the blogs you learn things all the time!!!
    Happy Birthday dear friend!!! You have the right idea!!
    xx, Bambi & Fern

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love when you visit!! Love company I don't have to clean for since I am NOT a house keeper!!!
    Thanks!!!
    xx, Fern

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday! My favorite parts of birthdays are carving out times to do exactly as I please. It sounds like you're doing that same thing!

    ReplyDelete

The girls and I love to hear from you - please leave us a note!