Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fenway gets Tutored. "Please, No Pictures"

Fenway's big day came last week.  Yes, he was neutered.  There was much talk of him going under the knife in the days leading up to his surgery day.  Even though I assist with this surgery almost every day, it feels so  different when it's your own kiddo.  That morning, he bounced about happily as I clasped his collar around his well-muscled neck in preparation for "school".  Little did he know what lay ahead.


"YEAH!  We're going to school!!"

His day took a curious turn when breakfast never came.  Then there were the premedication injections to prep him for surgery.  He looked so worried, even for Fenway with his perpetual furrowed brow.  I know he wondered why I was allowing all this to happen.  I had to be stoic and strong.  The last thing he needed was to pick up on my own anxiety.  I think I pulled it off like a ninja.  I bet my coworkers would disagree...


Prepping for surgery

His surgery went well, thanks to his brilliant Doctor!  It's a strange feeling to put something you value so much in someone else's hands.  I guess that's why they call it "trust".  My coworkers were great, laying out a special rest and recovery area for my Fenny-Fenny-Foo-Foo (just one of his many aliases).


Try as I might to keep him warm, he wanted to turn onto his back  - his favorite position!

He was a bit "lowdog' for the rest of the evening, but eventually ended up finding his place by the window, my Happy Sundog.  Most likely trying to find his lost huevos and dignity.


"Please.  No pictures"

10 comments:

  1. Glad he is up and around already, and how awesome that you work somewhere where you were able to keep an eye on things. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We know the feeling. Thank goodness she covered it up
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's not a modest pup by any stretch of the imagination, but he certainly doesn't need this sort of publicity on the web ;)

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear he is up and about all went OK.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Y'all,

    Been there, done that. No fun. Fenway has my sympathy.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He nodded in agreement at your comment. I think he seems a bit more carefree since recovering. Maybe they preoccupied him a bit? Happy weekend!

      Delete
  5. Hi Y'all,

    Please stop by tomorrow and pick up a blog award I passed on to y'all.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete

The girls and I love to hear from you - please leave us a note!