Sunday, August 15, 2010

Recognition!!

Thanks so much for the awards!  It's so wonderful to know that my ramblings are not only entertained and deemed worthy of your time, but that you actually like them!  I've been slow to get on here and pass on my awards and thanks, so here goes...

Special thanks go to Lauren M. Davis Folk Art! , Pup Fan and House of Carnivores for your awards, also to twinkietinydog for giving me the opportunity to be heard on your blog!  I've met so many wonderful people and furkids here, that I look forward to reading here every night.  Please keep those comments coming, they really make my day!!
Seven things about us, huh....?  Here goes:

1) I used to be a tremendous cat person.  LOVED cats.  I still do respect and love cats, but dogs are my passion!  I was never allowed to have a dog of my own until after college when I met Matt and had my first dog, Tank.  She was a German Shepherd rescue that stole my heart.  I was hooked.  She passed away entirely too young from distemper.  (vaccines are NOT full-proof)  I think right around this time, I realized that I wanted to become a vet tech.

2) I'm a veterinary technician.  I get to spend my days doing something that I love.  Sometimes it's hard, sometimes it's easy, but giving care and compassion to a animals is paramount.  What could be better than that?

3) I'm a mom.  And not only to my furry beasts.  I don't think the term "motherhood" should be solely reserved for women who care for human children.  There are those that care for their pets as graciously and patiently as a mother should a child.  Sadly too, all mothers are not moms, as my poor T knows.  After a brief yet difficult separation from us, my step-daughter, T, now lives with us again.  She and the girls are my daughters.

4) Arwen and Nyxie are our two best blended dogs.  They love each other deeply and respect each other beautifully.  We're so lucky to have wonderful dogs that compliment each other richly.  True sisters.

5) Arwen loves ice cream.  Flavor is irrelevant, as long as it's cold.  She also loves spinach, popcorn, carrots, meat of any variety, beer and wine.  Ok, she really likes food.  Any food really.  Many items on the preceding list were accidental discoveries, by the way...so please don't think I'm just feeding my girls any old scrap!    Nyxie is not a big fan of alot of things that aren't meat.  She loves meat.  Any and all meat.  I dropped a bit of spinach while cooking once and it took her a trillion tries to chew it to realize it was not meat and therefore, not edible.  Arwen has convinced her that ice cream is meat though.

6) My two dream jobs (besides what I already do) are to be a dog behaviorist and/or a writer.  I believe that people are the ones who need the training to be effective canine guardian/moms/dads, not for the dog to be trained.  Knowing this, I'm not sure I'd be a very good people trainer...I would LOVE to be published and one day hold a copy of my own book.  I'm not sure what it will be about, but most likely dogs will be involved.  Big surprise...

7)  We could be considered gypsies, I suppose.  Matt and I have moved around quite a bit together and before I met him, I lived in several different places myself.  Experiencing new places and people is exhilarating.  You never know what "the new" will bring - food, sights, friends.  Most importantly, though, the "new" tends to enlighten.  It pushes you out of what's comfortable, forcing you to strengthen and survive.

I need to add a #8 here...

8)  My Matt is my perfect fit.  He's the best man I know and I love him for it.  If I could choose anyone in the universe to have an adventure with, and spend the rest of my days with, it's Matt.  There's not a whole lot more to say about that here, except that I've been very lucky.  He loves his crazy dog lady!

So that's us in a nutshell.  A nutshell all covered with dog hair...
And my awards go to: *drumroll*

Pup Fan       http://istillwantmorepuppies.blogspot.com/
♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥       http://thechronicleofwoos.blogspot.com/
Beanz       http://jumpthedog.blogspot.com/
Lauren M. Davis Folk Art!       http://furbabychat.blogspot.com/
House of Carnivores       http://houseofcarnivores.blogspot.com/
Hound Girl       http://www.houndgirl.com/
Shawnee the Shepherd        http://shawneetheshep.blogspot.com/
scotsmad       http://scotsmad.blogspot.com/
Jes       http://myhorsemyrules.blogspot.com/
twinkietinydog        http://twinkietinydog.blogspot.com/
Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom       http://khyraskhorner.blogspot.com/
24 Paws of Love      http://24pawsoflove.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

  1. That you so much for the award! I think I gotted that one alreddy if'n it be same one, but I is supposed to write seben things fur that one too and I is still werking on it. So when I get it done, I will make it fur the award you gibbed me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey congrats - you picked a great list of bloggers, I'm lucky to know them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award. We enjoy your 'ramblings' and find your 8 facts very interesting.

    We've had this award before fairly recently, so we won't be writing about ourselves, BUT a huge thank you for thinking of us! Much appreciated.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Thank you. Really enjoy reading your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the award! You picked some great bloggers, too. Glad I got the opportunity to check them out. I'll get started on my 7 facts right away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!
    I am honoured on behalf of Chips and Carlsberg :)

    love
    Beanz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect day for a visit because you shared so many interesting facts about yourself. Amazing how life sometimes "tells" us what to do/become in our future. Now it sounds like you're ready to become a behaviorist, since you're a writer already (unless you mean published writer, in which case, as I'm in the same boat, I want to wish you lots of luck)
    Twinkie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to learn so much about your and the pups and the Matt. Thank you for sharing your award with us too. We are happy to have met you.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terribly rude of me. I forgot to thank you! ooopsies
    Twinkie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the award! It's great to learn a little bit more about you! :)

    Mochi

    ReplyDelete

The girls and I love to hear from you - please leave us a note!