- If there’s another ice age, well – the more the merrier! You’ll have transportation and snuggle buddies! Just keep in mind these activities should really be done separately.
- If you crave attention, just go for a walk with you Sibe – there’s no end to the “You’re dog is beautiful!” compliments. Then of course, there's always the "Is that a wolf?" question. Yes, seriously.
- In a similar vein – Sibes aren’t for the shy. Just try pulling your pup away from a great smell spot. The howling can be heard for miles! ( In Arwen’s case, it’s bath time that does it – we learned this the hard way…You would swear we were plucking her legs off!)
- Your arms and shoulders will be well sculpted with all the grooming and vacuuming you'll be doing. And don't forget what great arm strength you'll have from hanging on to the end of your leash as you’re dragged across the neighborhood.
- Similarly, when your Sibe jumps the fence for a neighborhood tour, you’ll get a lovely cardiovascular workout. Nothing like a good jog in your jammies!
- You will have absolutely no “infestations” of the small critter kind. This can include cats and small dogs on occasion (sorry feline and small pup friends – we love you individually very much).
- If you ever have the need for luxurious fur in your crafts, fear not! The Husky will provide and make more! And more, and more….
- Because Huskies love you deeply, they will do their best to teach you humility. Just call for your husky while you’re enjoying the outdoors together. This “silent treatment” is particularly effective in driving the point home. Particularly effective when among a group of other dog parents, or as your Husky squats in your neighbor's flower bed.
- You’ll never miss your Sibe while out to dinner or at a friend’s house. You’ll find stray fur bits on your clothes and in your food as gentle reminders of your treasured friend. Your Husky buddy is so very thoughtful.
- Huskies are masters of the economics of supply & demand. If you have an item of value, they desire it. And they will have it. You have the supply and they will demand it. Did I mention Arwen's love of beer and ice cream?
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Top Gabillion Reasons for Loving Your Dog
(Siberian Husky edition)