Monday, December 5, 2011

Military Care Package Update - It's Almost Over!

As many of you know, Arwen's Pack has been soliciting for care package goodies to send to military working dogs and their handlers in Kabul, Afghanistan.  This is the final wrap-up week of collection, with delivery scheduled for Saturday.  I'm cutting it a bit close delivery-wise, but I had to wait until payday this week for our family's contribution.

Look what came in the mail today!  Not one, but TWO packages were sent by Jennie Jones of Tennessee who said she has some of her dogs working over there!  What a great way to support our troops.  There were 2 heartfelt notes in the packages along with shaving cream, deodorant, candy!, magazines (Caeser's Way!!), DVD's, and a lovely digital camera.  I was brought to tears by her generosity.

Package #1 - Nyxie tried to stick her snooter into the dog treats :)


Package #2 - Notice the cool camera?  How generous!!

It's definitely not too late to send a package, either through me, or on your own.  If you send the package to me first, please keep in mind that I'll be mailing them out this Saturday.  If you'd like to send your package separately, the link to the original address is here.

Talk about feeding your soul - I can't think of a better way!

Nyxie is working on her "stay" to support her working cousins in Afghanistan

Also, fans of The Walking Dead, please check out my newest Etsy shop item here.  Oh, I've never been good with secrets...here it is:


4 comments:

  1. this is awesome. We sent tons of candy to the troops
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope more treats are sent to our friends there.

    Licks
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea. Special treats for special dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a huge box here for both soldiers & the K9s - I need to get to you...I just came back from PO & had wrong APO code. I'll be Emailing you!

    ReplyDelete

The girls and I love to hear from you - please leave us a note!