Thursday, December 8, 2011

Super Important UPDATE on military care package shipping addresses!!!

Breaking news!

Our friend and supporter in the care package drive for military working dogs and their handlers, Dorothy of Five Sibes is an absolute angel!  She was ready to ship an enormous Christmas stocking (bigger than a Sibe!) at the post office when they told her the address in the original Facebook post, and therefore in my blog was WRONG!

BAH!!!!!!!

I am soooo sorry for this - I hope this wasn't an inconvenience to anyone else, but now we have everything squared away...I emailed the gracious Sgt Salem (original poster and care package idea Facebook buddy) and he got back to me with correct APO addresses, names and more info.  Here is the email:

Dave has 19 teams that he will pass the packages out to:

Dave Lynch
COMKAF HQ / VCSI-K9
APO AE, 09355

Clint has 40+ Handlers that he will pass the packages out to:

Clint Reynolds
Program Manager K9 Unit
APO AE 09320

or if you want to send to a specific soldier (these are British soldiers) who doesn't get any mail:

Dereck Gower
Les Thomas
Steven Brander
Brigit Yelen
Don Pearson

Same address:
(example)
DERECK GOWER
C/O CLINT REYNOLDS 
PROGRAM MANAGER K9 UNIT
APO AE 09320





As you can see,  there's plenty of need!  Please use the above addresses and NOT the one I originally posted!
I'm so excited to be able to do something good for these handlers - that's what Christmas is all about, right?  And it doesn't have to end there - if you'd like to send a care package along, feel free to do so anytime.  And remember to include a note with a personal message!


4 comments:

  1. this is so cool. We sent tons of Halloween candy at moms work
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our packages have been sent! Writing a blog about it to be posted today. Thank you, for such a caring and great drive to benefit our K9 soldiers & handlers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry I haven't been by to visit -- I hope you've all been well!

    I'm gonna add some cards to my Christmas list!

    Woofs & hugs! <3

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How serendipitous that I find myself with exactly ONE holiday card remaining. I have cobbled together a modest package that I will send out today.

    Mango Momma

    ReplyDelete

The girls and I love to hear from you - please leave us a note!